Thursday, June 4, 2009

Alphabet Discovery Workshop Creations


Here's the first in a series of Alphabet pages for my Alphabet Discovery journal. I've decided to do individual pages since I'm not a very good "fly by the seat of your pants" creator and I feel safer doing it page by page rather than in a book.

For the "N" page my theme was "Nature". I started with a very large stencil I had (I think I'm going to try to use the corresponding stencil on every page for continuity), and went from there. I used flowers and leaves I had on hand, having previously dried them using my Microfleur (TM). To keep the page a little more "natural" I used the juice from a few blueberries to tint my white paint. I did some stamping, added some painted highlights and also added some printed definitions of nature, natural and natureprinting.

The page is actually a bit bigger but I couldn't fit the whole thing on my scanner! Great fun; this is stepping out of my confort zone....a very good thing!

4 comments:

bockel24 said...

What an excellent page, Debbie - can´t wait to see what you´ll be doing next!

trishbee said...

Fantastic page, I love this a lot.

Debbie Littlejohn said...

Thanks to you both for your kind words! I must say I'm having a fun time with it!

WendyK said...

Love this page, especially the use of the stencils, and flowers