Monday, April 5, 2010

Backgrounds with Starch and PearlEx!


The Next Generation Stampers yahoo group has been discussing using spray starch and PearlEx powders to make backgrounds and decorative papers for collage and cardmaking. I played with this concept over the weekend and thought I'd share my results. For some reason I expected that I wouldn't have to seal the PearlEx after I was finished because I figured the spray starch was sticky....NOT! I sprayed some clear sealer over the background so it wouldn't brush off, and then I layered a few pieces of decorative paper and a gold butterfly (the text is a pre-printed definition of love from a sticker sheet by 7gypsies). I hope you like it (other than the bow that I smooshed with the lid of my scanner!).

1 comment:

Dawn Cirafesi said...

So beautiful!! You do such amazing work.